We are looking for an outstanding receptionist to be the first point of contact for guests to our award-winning hotel.
Role & Responsibilities
A typical day would include:
- Preparing reports for the day
- Checking people out of the hotel
- Checking correspondence and allocating rooms to guests
- Chasing up late checkouts
- Checking guests in
- Handling any queries and complaints
- Support all departments across the resort by communicating in a clear and concise manner.
- Undertaking basic concierge duties as required – this may include assisting with luggage.
The role is varied, as no two days are ever the same, therefore it would be ideal for someone who enjoys being hands on and part of a small tight knit and professional team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about providing our guests with the best service
- Genuinely care about the guest experience
- Empathetic and a caring, passionate personality
- Understand that our service is second to none and therefore be able to demonstrate our core values: empathy, drive, collaboration, trust and passion
- Have experience of working in a 4 star hotel or similar
- Have excellent spoken and written English
- Possess a confident telephone manner
- Possess excellent numerical and written skills
- Have knowledge and experience of working with computer systems and Microsoft Office programmes, including Word and Excel
- A knowledge of Harrogate and the surrounding areas is beneficial, as you will deal with queries regarding local attractions and help guests with travel arrangements as necessary
- Offer a warm welcome at all times in a friendly and professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
- Good administrative skills and IT literacy
- Discreet, diplomatic, reliable and trustworthy
A career in hospitality just got more appealing
We understand hospitality can involve anti–social hours. All contracted staff who earn less than £36,000 full time annual salary, working Sunday – Thursday from 7pm – 5am, Saturday and Sunday from 5am – 7pm and Friday and Saturday evening from 7pm – 5am can potentially earn an extra £3 per hour!
We also pay a starting salary of £10.50 for contracted staff which is above the National Living Wage.
Plus, we recognise everyone plays their part to provide amazing service. That is why, on top of your salary you can earn up to £1,000 service charge per quarter (based on eligibility)