Are you interested in working in the great outdoors? Are you happiest when you are outside surrounded by beautiful plants and gardens? Could you see yourself working in gardens as a career? If this is you then we would love to see your application for Apprentice Gardener at Rudding Park.
Rudding Park is set in 300 acres of mature, landscaped gardens and woodland including a holiday park, six and eighteen hole golf course.
As the apprentice gardener, your role would include:
- Assisting in the day to day maintenance of the gardens and grounds around the Hotel and Holiday Park, including weeding irrigation and pruning.
- Use of machinery (with training) cutting hedges, strimming, lawn mowing and to blow and collect leaves.
- Assisting with work in the Kitchen Garden, growing and cropping fruit and vegetables for the hotel kitchens.
- Assisting with propagation of plants to maintain the extensive beds and borders around the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of work to ensure a great guest experience.
Alongside working at Rudding Park, the apprenticeship role would require you attend college in weekly blocks to study towards the Level 2 Horticultural Operative, which would start in early September.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will love all things plants
- Be energetic and motivated to work in all weathers.
- Keen to learn
- Have excellent listening skills
- Be confident to ask questions and to take ownership of any task given to them.
- Arrive each morning with a can do attitude.
- Happy to work in a team or independently as required.
Join us for our Recruitment Open Evening on Wednesday 23 June between 5pm and 8pm to chat to our management team and get a feel for what it's like working at Rudding Park