About The Role
Do you have a passion for delivering outstanding service and want to be part of a winning team?
Rudding Park Hotel & Spa recently won the AA Spa Hotel of the Year at the Hospitality Awards. This is the AA’s ultimate accolade for hotels in the UK and is awarded to outstanding examples of a Spa hotel.
To add to our success we are seeking a keen and vibrant Hair Stylist to train in college and learn in the Spa’s Hair Studio by shadowing our Senior stylist. With a focus on guest experience and the maintenance of high standards, this is a great opportunity to work with a well-established professional team proud of their accolades within the Spa Industry.
The role will involve working towards an NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Hairdressing in conjunction with day release to York or Harrogate College.
Your day-to-day jobs will be:
- Assisting the stylist with their clients by setting up stations and washing hair
- Meeting and greeting our guests to the Spa in Reception.
- Acting as Host to show our guests around our award winning facilities
Along with full training in all treatments, you will receive a very attractive salary package above the apprentice wage for this role, along with all the other benefits that accompany being a member of the Rudding Park Team.
We are also able to provide accommodation to successful candidates if required.
You should be interested in the Hair, Beauty or Spa industry
The Ideal Candidate:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- You need great customer service and communication skills
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- You should be self-driven and have an enthusiastic approach to work with a desire to succeed in Beauty Therapy.
- A professional appearance together with being genuinely helpful and friendly is essential
- The ideal candidate will be smartly presented, personable and an excellent communicator to be able to put our guests at ease.
- English & Maths Grade C or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- This role will involve working with some chemicals and heated equipment
- You will have to help keep the Spa and Hair Studio clean and tidy throughout the day.
- You must be willing to work weekends and some evenings and have the ability to travel to and from work and college.
- Working Hours are between 30 to 40 hours a week including spending 1 day a week at College.
A career in hospitality just got more appealing
We understand hospitality can involve anti–social hours. All contracted staff who earn less than £35,000 full time annual salary, working Sunday – Thursday from 7pm – 5am, Saturday and Sunday from 5am – 7pm and Friday and Saturday evening from 7pm – 5am can potentially earn an extra £3 per hour!
Plus, we recognise everyone plays their part to provide amazing service. That is why, on top of your salary you can earn up to £1,000 service charge per quarter (based on eligibility)
Buy up to 5 additional holidays after 3 years’ service, cycle to work scheme,
Complimentary use of the Golf Courses, Driving Range, Discounts in Food & Beverage outlets, Bedrooms, Spa and Holiday Park.
Plus other great benefits!
Rudding Park offers Live in Accommodation to help get you settled into your role. We also support finding alternative living accommodation in the local area.
If you do live out, we offer a Taxi Policy and contribute towards your taxi to and from work outside of the designated bus times.
Closing Date: 01/08/22