History Past to Present
Timeline to present ownership
1788 - Lord Loughborough takes ownership of the original house.
1805 - Estate purchased by Hon. William Gordon.
Construction begins on the present House.
1824 - Sir Joseph Radcliffe buys the (still unfinished) House.
Yorkshire architect R.D. Chantrell brought in to complete.
1879 - Chapel completed. Designed by A.E. Purdie and built for a mere £4,976-16s-3d.
1972 - Simon Mackaness acquires House and 2,000 acre estate
Rudding Park has been in the Mackaness family since 1972 and a consistent programme of development and investment has transformed the site, whilst staying true to its heritage.
1973 - Rudding Holiday Park
1987 - Rudding House opens as a conference and banqueting venue
1995 - 18 hole Hawtree Golf Course
1997 - Hotel (50 bedrooms)
2006 - Clocktower restaurant established
2008 - Repton Short Course, introducing a new golf concept 'Golf in One Hour'.
2010 - Follifoot Wing (bringing the total number of hotel bedrooms to 90, a spa, gym and 14 seat private cinema)
2017 - New spa development opened