Golf is now Open
Whilst we welcome the announcement, there are a number of important restrictions in place, based on Government and Golf Industry Association guidance and these are detailed below.
‘Stay alert, control the virus, save lives’
WHO CAN PLAY?
Rudding Park Members and Visitors
You should only play golf with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while practising social distancing. Guests are welcome (based on these guidelines) and the usual guest fee applies.
To clarify, the following groupings will be permitted:
- Individuals playing golf on their own.
- Two-balls comprising of individuals from different households
- Members of the same household playing in two, three or four-balls.
18 Hole Hawtree Course, Monday to Sunday 7am – 6pm
6 Hole Repton Short Course, Monday to Sunday 7am – 6pm
Driving Range, Open Mondays 10.30am - 8pm Tuesday to Sunday 9am - 8pm
Practice Areas at Golf Academy, Monday to Sunday 7am – 6pm
Practice nets at Golf Clubhouse, Closed
COURSE, FACILITIES AND SET UP
During lockdown The R&A, BIGGA and the GCMA agreed with the UK Government what work was permissible. The guidance limited activities to only minimum 'essential work' and the limitations imposed made retention of the full complement of greens staff unrealistic. As such we have been working with a skeleton staff so some areas of the course may not have been maintained to their usual high standard. We hope you understand given the exceptional circumstances.
Course ‘furniture’ has been removed or covered up where necessary, except stakes defining areas of the course which are treated as immovable obstructions
Hole and Flagstick
To reduce touch points, we have put measures in place so there is no requirement to touch the flagstick to retrieve the ball.
Accessible through the external blue gate.
Opening alternate bays offers plenty of space so you can observe social distancing and the use of bays with power tees limits the need for any physical contact.
A social distancing queuing system is in place to obtain baskets of balls which are cleaned and sanitised between use.
Practice Areas at Golf Academy
May be used on a ‘one off, one on’ basis.
BEFORE THE ROUND
- Online bookings. Click here to book.
- 10-minute intervals between tee times.
- Due to the limited tee off times we have dropped the booking window to five days for members and four days for visitors to operate a system that is as fair as possible.
Arrival and Waiting to Play
- The clubhouse will be closed, although limited essential access will be possible to use the toilets on a ‘one in one out basis’
- A number of car parking spaces will be blocked in order to support social distancing
- You should not leave your car until 10 minutes before your tee time
- Trolley and buggies will be available for hire and safe sanitising practices have been introduced
DURING THE ROUND
‘Play Safe, Stay Safe’
Stay more than two metres apart when walking to the ball, searching for a ball and playing shots
Golfers should not to touch stray balls
Please make your best efforts to smooth the sand using your club and/or feet
Keep two metres apart on the putting greens
AFTER THE ROUND
Social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round. When the round is over all golfers must leave the course and the club immediately so there are no gatherings around the clubhouse area.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Rest assured, we have put measures in place so you can continue to enjoy golf in a safe environment.
- Social distancing – observe 2 metre distance
- Hand sanitiser points available at all touch points
- Staff temperatures taken daily
- Cards/contactless payments only (for any hire items purchased on the day)