FAQs Your questions answered
Read the information below to find out about golf equipment, dress codes and more. If you can't find what you're looking for please call us on 01423 483400.
1. Do I have to have played golf before to come on a residential golf school?
No, the residential golf schools are a great way to start learning to play. We offer schools for all abilities, from complete beginners to handicapped club players.
2. What are maximum group sizes?
4 students per PGA Professional.
3. Do I have to bring my own equipment?
If you have your own equipment then bring it along but if not we can provide everything you need free of charge.
4. Can I play the golf course during my stay?
All students have unlimited use of the Hawtree Course and Repton Short Course for the duration of their stay. This is subject to availability and booking is necessary.
5. Can I use the driving range to practise what I’ve learnt?
All students have unlimited use of the driving range for the duration of their stay.
6. What should I wear?
You can wear anything you like for the golf coaching as long as you feel you can swing without restrictions. Golf shoes or trainers are required and you must wear a collared shirt, smart trousers and golf shoes on the Hawtree golf course.
7. Can I stay at the hotel the night before?
Yes, we'll be happy to provide you with hotel accommodation.
8. Can I bring a non-golfer with me?
Yes, you are welcome to bring your partner or guest with you and they will only be charged for the accommodation.
9. Is there anything to do for non-golfers?
We have a spa within the hotel which offers a variety of treatments. The spa town of Harrogate is three miles away, whilst Leeds (16 miles) and York (20 miles) are also very accessible for day trips. Click here for more ideas for non-golfer activities.