Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to have played golf before to come on a golf school?
No, the golf schools are a great way to start learning to play. We offer schools for all abilities, from complete beginners to handicapped club players.
2. What are maximum group sizes?
4 students per PGA Professional.
3. Do I have to bring my own equipment?
If you have your own equipment then bring it along but if not we can provide everything you need free of charge.
4. Can I play the golf course during my stay?
All students have unlimited use of the golf courses for the duration of their stay. This is subject to availability and booking is necessary.
5. Can I use the driving range to practise what I’ve learnt?
All students have unlimited use of the driving range for the duration of their stay.
6. What should I wear?
You can wear anything you like for the golf coaching as long as you feel you can swing without restrictions. Golf shoes or trainers are required and you must wear a collared shirt, smart trousers and golf shoes on the Hawtree golf course.
7. Can I stay at the hotel the night before?
Yes, we can provide you with a hotel room rate for the night before but it’s best to book well in advance as our hotel is often very busy.
8. Can I bring a non-golfer with me?
Yes, you are welcome to bring your partner or guest with you and they will only be charged for the accommodation.
9. Is there anything to do for non-golfers?
We have a spa within the hotel which offers a variety of treatments. The spa town of Harrogate is three miles away, whilst Leeds (16 miles) and York (20 miles) are also very accessible for day trips.