Upon successful application, spa membership will start from the date agreed and confirmed in writing and you will be entitled to all the rights and privileges designated by the category of membership for which you have been accepted. You will be issued with a personal key providing spa access and the facility to charge items to your account. Terms and Conditions are subject to change at management's discretion.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be a member of The Spa.
- The minimum membership term is 12 months.
- Joint membership is for two people based at the same postal address.
- As a member you agree to comply with the rules of membership which are displayed in The Spa and relate to opening hours, use of the facilities and the conduct of you and any of your guests. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided we provide advance notice.
- Certain types of membership do not allow you to use all of the facilities and services. At our discretion, we may allow you to use services and facilities not included in your type of membership on payment of an additional charge.
- Personal keys are only for the use of the paying member and are not transferable under any circumstances. We reserve the right to terminate membership should we discover misuse of your personal key.
- All membership benefits are valid throughout the course of the membership period, and are subject to change at the management’s discretion.
- Members will have a their own personal key to provide access to certain areas within The Spa. This key will also allow members to charge items to their account, payable by monthly direct debit, or when the account reaches £1000, whichever is sooner, allowing further charges to be placed on account.
- If you misplace your personal key notify The Spa immediately. Replacements can be issued by reception for a £10 fee.
Spa Membership Fees
- You may freeze your membership for medical reasons at the discretion of the management. You will be required to supply written support from a medical professional and the freeze period may not be for any less than 30 days.
- As a minimum, there will be an annual inflationary increase which will be communicated to you in writing giving you prior notice. We shall give a minimum of 60 days’ notice and you may terminate your membership if you do not agree to the changes. This must be done in writing giving us 30 days’ notice.
- It is agreed that both parties of a joint membership are jointly and individually responsible and liable for the contract value.
- If any part of the monthly subscription, or monies on your account remain unpaid after the due date, you will be in breach of the membership rules and your membership will be cancelled.
- In the event of any defaulted payments, Rudding Park may disclose personal particulars contained in the membership agreement to a credit reference agency or any other party necessary in obtaining settlement of arrears.
Cancellation of Spa Membership
- We may cancel membership of any Member in the event they commit a serious breach of the membership agreement. Any refunds owed will be at the absolute discretion of the management.
- The joining fee is non-refundable.
- Member discounts may be used by members’ guests during their visit to The Spa with the exception of discount for events at Rudding House.
- All benefits and discounts are subject to terms and conditions which may be changed at the discretion of the Management.
- Members may bring guests to The Spa. The guest registration form must be compeleted and payment of the appropriate fee made on each visit.
Mind and Senses Relax Zones
- Members and their guests may only use this area when booked in conjunction with a treatment.
Roof Top Spa Garden
- In the event of extreme inclement weather it may be necessary, for the health and safety of members and guests, to close the spa garden and hydrotherapy pool
- Only food and drink served by Rudding Park are to be consumed in The Spa.
Indoor Swimming Pool & Hydrotherapy Pool
- The swimming pool and hydrotherapy pools are unsupervised – members are advised to exercise extreme caution when using the facilities and swim at their own risk.
- Guests under16 years of age are permitted to use the indoor swimming pool at the designated splash times, when accompanied by an adult who shall be responsible for that person’s conduct at all times. Those under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the thermal experiences or the hydrotherapy pool.
- Only food and drink served by Rudding Park are to be consumed in The Spa.
- Any member requiring the use of the pool hoist to gain access to the pools, should advise the Receptionist on arrival to ensure the hoist is set up in good time whilst you are changing.
- Only plastic cups may be taken pool side or any wet area.
- For the health and hygiene of everyone in the pool, babies must wear suitable swimming nappies.
- All members must complete a PARQ (as detailed in Health & Safety section) prior to using the gym or attending fitness classes. By completing the PARQ you warrant to Rudding Park that you have no known condition or are undergoing any treatment that would prevent you from being capable of physical exercise.
Hours of Opening
- The normal hours of operation are advertised within the Spa. These hours may be lengthened or shortened at the entire discretion of the management with or without prior notice to members. Whenever possible reasonable notice of such changes will be given. Last entry to the spa is 45 minutes prior to close.
- At certain times facilities may not be available at the discretion of the Management.
- For the benefit and peaceful enjoyment of the spa by all users, we request mobile phones and devices are turned to silent when entering The Spa. Mobile devices, and cameras may not be used in changing rooms under any circumstances. We request all members and guests respect people’s privacy.
- Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes) is only permitted in the designated smoking area and is not permitted at the Spa Entrance, Swimming Pool or Restaurant Terraces or on the Roof Top Spa Garden.
Health & Safety
- All members and their guests are required to follow the health and safety rules for all facilities.
- Those suffering from cardiopathy, internal inflammation, infectious diseases, epilepsy or people who have a pace-maker are advised not to use the sauna/thermal experiences. The thermal experiences should not be used under the influence of drugs or excess alcohol.
- Rudding Park reserves the right to refuse admission to any guest and entry will be refused to anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Only Guide or Alert dogs are permitted inside the Spa.
- By completing the PARQ you warrant to Rudding Park that you have no known condition or are undergoing any treatment that would prevent you from being capable of physical exercise. Rudding Park is not responsible for any personal injury, illness or death suffered by a member or guest arising from their decision to participate in any form of physical activity. We recommend consulting a General Practitioner prior to partaking in any physical exercise.
- In the event of extreme inclement weather it may be necessary, for the health and safety of members and guests, to close the Roof Top Spa Garden.
- Swimwear must be worn within The Spa at all times. Robes are provided where required for use in The Spa.
- Appropriate footwear and clothing must be worn in Horto Restaurant and the pilates pit.
- Sportswear and robes may be worn in Horto Restaurant until 6pm.
Lockers and Valuables
- Lockers are provided for use by members and guests during their visit to The Spa.
- Lockers may not be kept for personal use. Any property left overnight will be removed and kept in lost property for 30 days.
- All valuables are left at the owners’ risk and The Spa will not be held responsible for any loss or damage.
- CCTV is in operation in the public areas of the spa and video recordings may be made for safety and security reasons. Only Rudding Park has viewing access to any CCTV recordings.
- Rudding Park reserves the right to withdraw all or some of the facilities when required to carry out essential maintenance work. Facilities may be closed for maintenance, replacement, cleaning and emergencies without notice or compensation.
Data Protection Act
- We take the privacy of our members very seriously. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries in regards to our processing, please contact the Spa Manager. The statements below explain how we use your personal information.
- i. Information collected: We collect personal information from you through the membership form and your use of our facilities. The information we collect may relate to your physical health or condition.
- ii. Use of your information: We use your personal information for the purposes of providing and personalising our membership services and may contact you from time to time informing you of related services or products. If you do not wish to receive such information you should instruct the Spa Manager accordingly, in writing. We may also contact you if you have not recently attended the facilities to offer encouragement or seek information for the reasons for your recent absence. Again if you do not wish to be contacted in this way please instruct the Spa Manger in writing.